Benjamin Franklin said that "nothing is certain in life except death and taxes". Sadly we can't offer a way to avoid the former, but we can help you navigate your way through the complex world of EU Value Added Tax (VAT) and customs duties.
The tax team at Martyn Fiddler Aviation is comprised of qualified Chartered Tax Advisors with over 70 years of combined experience.
In brief our services include:
- Tax advice from a long standing team well known in the business aviation sector, benefitting from a wealth of practical industry experience;;
- Formal tax opinions providing clear practical advice on implementation, and giving the customer confidence in the proposed way forward;
- Advice encompassing both VAT and Customs implications, including customs duty issues covering the practicalities of importation and mitigation of customs duty;
- Assistance with accessing and verifying advice in other jurisdictions, as well as covering both sides of a cross border transaction;
- A high level of indemnification;
- Access to a world-wide network of relationships with other specialist tax advisors;
- A focus on the need for cash-flow efficiency for the client through the provision of careful and timely advice;
- Review of contract and ownership service to ensure our clients are fully compliant with EU VAT and customs laws;
- Provision of EU tax status reviews for target aircraft;
Martyn Fiddler Aviation can provide a timely, practical and joined up approach to assist you, starting with our tax planning and advisory service. We have a wealth of experience in dealing with revenue and customs officials in the EU and are practised in finding practical and realistic business friendly solutions for customs and VAT issues – whether your aircraft is arriving into the EU for the first time or you are looking to transact aircraft business within the EU.
And while our expert team's many years' experience allows us to advise on the optimum ownership and import regimes for any planned purchase and operation of a target aircraft in the EU, we can also offer a review service for existing ownership arrangements and aircraft to understand whether there is any call for change – confirmation that everything is in order may actually mitigate one of Benjamin Franklin's certainties... at least for the present!
Related news, faqs and factsheets
GOVERNANCE IN THE AGE OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION: FACT AND FRICTION
The accelerated rate of change in markets, technology development and associated consumer behaviour – much of which was been driven by the pandemic - has challenged businesses to reinvent how they originate, commercialise and scale ideas. However, there is an inherent potential conflict between ‘going digital’ and ‘traditional board governance’.
Do your aircraft fly to Europe? Do you work on European transactions?
Adrian will be providing key industry updates on all UK and European Union changes for business aircraft at the NBAA Tax, Regulatory and Risk Management Conference which precedes the main event.