At Martyn Fiddler Aviation we understand that no two situations are the same. We work with clients to provide bespoke solutions for aircraft that fulfil their business needs, limit liability, help mitigate VAT on acquisition or importation, and aid tax efficient operation. We work with each of our clients and their advisors to ensure every solution complies with applicable VAT rules in respect of the aircraft.
Our team offers:
- Aviation experts with decades of knowledge and experience in solution planning
- In-house legal counsel and compliance team with significant aviation experience
- Specialist team of administrators with over 95 years' combined experience with a focus on aircraft owning and leasing businesses
- Dedicated accountancy team providing bookkeeping, financial reporting and VAT return submissions, who also liaise with the client's existing accountants and auditors
- In-house tax team of qualified Chartered Tax Advisors
Together we provide an extensive list of services to our clients:
- Bespoke structured solutions
- Day to day administration including operation of bank account
- Accountancy, bookkeeping, financial reporting and VAT administration
- Legal, management and corporate governance
- Solution planning
- Ownership options
- Aircraft registration and regulation
- Consideration regarding choice of aircraft registry
- Company, LLC, LP, Trusts, Foundations
- Documentation and agreement review
- SPV management
- Directorship and officer services
- Registered office, registered agent and company director services
Our aircraft ownership team has worked solely on aviation transactions since 2006 and has built up a wealth of experience to assist our clients and their advisors. During this time we have established strong relationships with leading financiers, legal firms, operators, manufacturers and aircraft registries internationally; this allows them to efficiently navigate transactional issues and assist clients with introductions where additional advice is required.
Our team often work with external import and taxation advisors which the client may wish to appoint separately if they do not want to take advantage of our specialised in-house services in taxation and EU import and export.
Related news, faqs and factsheets
GOVERNANCE IN THE AGE OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION: FACT AND FRICTION
The accelerated rate of change in markets, technology development and associated consumer behaviour – much of which was been driven by the pandemic - has challenged businesses to reinvent how they originate, commercialise and scale ideas. However, there is an inherent potential conflict between ‘going digital’ and ‘traditional board governance’.
Case Studies in Bad Governance: Boeing and Wirecard
This week, we continue our conversation about corporate governance with some evidence about how bad governance can actually get. We will look at two case studies where poor board governance has led to dramatic and disastrous outcomes.
Do your aircraft fly to Europe? Do you work on European transactions?
Adrian will be providing key industry updates on all UK and European Union changes for business aircraft at the NBAA Tax, Regulatory and Risk Management Conference which precedes the main event.
Navigating Commercial Aircraft Returns in a Pandemic
There are few other assets that are as intricate and complex as aircraft.
ABC of Aircraft Returns
Understand all the legal, registration, and tax issues associated with aircraft transitions and returns.
Be Prepared for 31 December 2020
In less than 4 months’ time the UK will leave the European Union (31 December 2020). At the time of writing there is no agreement in place to determine what the status of goods (including business aircraft) imported into the EU (including the UK and Isle of Man) before 31 December 2020 will be.
In the newsletter attached Martyn Fiddler Aviation outline the list of possible results, explaining the impact of each scenario and the work that will be requested of aircraft owners in order to remain in free circulation in both the UK and the EU.