Whether it is a first time purchaser or an experienced buyer, aircraft acquisitions can be highly complex transactions, particularly because it is common for sale contracts to assign the tax liabilities on the sale to the buyer rather than the seller. Our experts at Martyn Fiddler Aviation understand that no two client's situations or requirements are the same, and so our dedicated team are at hand to listen, advise and guide you through each step towards completion.
Our in-house aviation, tax and legal experts can provide you with:
- Tax advice on the purchase and the best location for tax purposes
- Export requirements and documentation;
- Assistance determining the intended use of the aircraft and any requirements for corporate structuring;
- Specialist advice on corporate structures in multiple jurisdictions and arrangements to facilitate purchase and use of business aircraft;
- VAT and Customs advice;
- Specialist contract review advice where required;
- Assistance with advice in other jurisdictions where needed.
Related news, faqs and factsheets
Navigating Commercial Aircraft Returns in a Pandemic
There are few other assets that are as intricate and complex as aircraft.
ABC of Aircraft Returns
Understand all the legal, registration, and tax issues associated with aircraft transitions and returns.
Be Prepared for 31 December 2020
In less than 4 months’ time the UK will leave the European Union (31 December 2020). At the time of writing there is no agreement in place to determine what the status of goods (including business aircraft) imported into the EU (including the UK and Isle of Man) before 31 December 2020 will be.
In the newsletter attached Martyn Fiddler Aviation outline the list of possible results, explaining the impact of each scenario and the work that will be requested of aircraft owners in order to remain in free circulation in both the UK and the EU.